20 Ways to Increase the Value of Your Home before Selling
When you’re selling a home that you’ve lived in for years, it can be difficult to look at it through the eyes of a potential buyer. But if you want the best possible selling price, you’ll have to do just that. No matter how great your home is, if it’s not visually appealing, it won’t bring the price that it should.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to increase your home’s value. In fact, expensive renovations are rarely cost-effective. It’s the simple things that provide the most bang for your buck. Here are twenty things you can do to increase the appeal of your home to potential buyers.
Best Tips to Increase the Value of Your Home before Selling
1. Clean up the yard. You may have developed a blind spot when it comes to weeds and trash in your yard, but those are among the first things that a prospective buyer will notice. So get out the weed whacker and remove the debris, and if you have items sitting in your yard that don’t belong there, move them.
2. Maintain your flower garden. If you don’t have one, plant a few easy-care flowers.
3. Pressure wash the exterior. You’ll be surprised at how much of a difference it makes.
4. Add a fresh coat of paint to your siding if needed. This can make the difference between someone stopping to look at your home and someone driving on by.
5. Wash the windows. Dirty windows may not be noticeable from the street, but they’re glaringly obvious up close.
6. Wash the interior walls, and repaint or rewall-paper if needed. Be sure to fill in any holes before painting, and use primer for a smooth finish. White or a light neutral color makes the best impression.
7. Declutter your home. Put some things in storage if necessary. An uncluttered room looks larger and more inviting.
8. Put up new curtains and blinds. They don’t have to be fancy or expensive, just new. The ones that you’ve been using for several years are likely faded or stained.
9. Thoroughly clean the floors. Clean floors as directed by the flooring manufacturer, taking care to remove stains. Wax hard floors if recommended.
10. Invest in a new shower curtain and toilet seat for the bathroom. Again, these do not have to be extravagant, just new.
11. Put in new light switches and outlets. This is inexpensive easy to do, and it gives your home an updated look.
12. Refinish the kitchen cabinets.
13. Add crown molding and other details. These items are cheap and easy to install, and they can change the entire look of a room.
14. Put in a ceiling fan or two. You can find inexpensive ones at discount stores, and they’re easy to install if you use them to replace an existing light fixture.
15. Place vases of fresh flowers around the house. This will add visual appeal and a light, pleasant scent.
16. Pay special attention to the entryway. This is the first thing prospective buyers will see when they walk in your home, and hence the basis for their first impression.
17. Remove or replace old and worn rugs.
18. Clean all appliances. Even older ones look better when they’re spotless.
19. Consider putting slipcovers on old furniture. Even if you’re taking it with you when you move, the furniture that’s in the home makes an impression.
20. Hang up some mirrors in small spaces. This gives the illusion of a larger room.
When are you looking for the design your dream house then 3D Rendering services help you in design your home before the selling.
Contact us here for the Home design.